Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the Retrospect Galleries online store. We hope you have enjoyed the selection of artworks we have brought to you, all created by some of most exciting and talented artists from around the world.
By making a purchase through our online store, you agree to the terms and conditions as stated here:
1. We ship almost anywhere in the world and we work with art transport specialists who offer worldwide coverage.
2. The artworks are fully insured in transit until and up to their point of collection as arranged by you. Artworks are insured up to a maximum value of US$10,000; for insurance needs greater than this amount we can arrange this for you at additional cost.
3. All orders are processed in AUD (Australian Dollar) and if you are paying with a bank or credit card in a different currency denomination, the amount you pay will depend on the exchange rate at the time of the transaction and on your card provider's terms. Retrospect Galleries does not take any responsibility for currency fluctuations and/or international transaction fees. Note any refunds will also be processed in the original currency, AUD (Australian Dollar).
4. We also accept payment by bank transfer. Should you wish to use this option, simply contact us and we would issue an invoice with our bank details to confirm your order. Please note that the order is not confirmed until the funds have cleared into the gallery bank account.
5. Once you have placed your order, we will be in contact about the delivery date. We normally process all orders within 2-3 business days, and dispatch in 7 days - depending on the custom packaging that needs to be build around the artwork. We use a a variety of couriers depending on the final destination, pick up location and type of artwork. Delivery can take 2-3 weeks but we will be in touch with you immediately to co-ordinate the best delivery options. Due to extraordinary circumstances due to COVID-19, we cannot guarantee our usual shipping times as outlined below.
Retrospect Galleries will not accept any responsibility for goods being delayed as a result of shippers and or courier services. Please note your orders will be shipped as fast as possible and we will do our best to keep you informed. If you require your order by a certain date please leave a note at checkout in the comments section or contact us on email@example.com and we would do our best to meet your requirements. Please note that orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or public holidays.
6. Although Retrospect Galleries strives to always display the correct availability of artworks, an item may have gone out of stock at the time of your order. If this happens, we will contact you via e-mail or phone to confirm the order cancellation although we will always do our best to source an alternative that you may find agreeable.
7. All sales are final. Retrospect Galleries does not accept returns, but will replace your order if the item(s) you purchased is/are defective (or not the correct item). If you receive a defective item, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your order (including proof of purchase) and photos of the damage. If your order is deemed defective, we will ship a replacement.
8. All purchases made at Art Fairs are final. Artworks purchased at art fair shows are given to the customer at the show in perfect condition and as a result, no returns, refunds or exchanges are possible.
9. Bespoke Commissions. A 50% payment is required to initiate a bespoke commission and the remainder (plus shipping costs as applicable), will become payable once the artist has completed the work and we are ready to ship it to you. Throughout the commission process, we will be checking in with you and with the artist to ensure that the requirements you set for the commission are met by the artist. We will be relying on you to confirm that you are happy with the sketches the artists provides in a timely fashion. Please note that a delay may occur if we do not hear from you in a promptly fashion. For bespoke commissions, all orders are final and no returns are possible.
10. Our retail prices do not include any Sales Tax. Retrospect Galleries is not responsible for the payment of importing fees, custom duties and taxes if applicable. We are here to help you throughout this process and we successfully ship artworks each week all over the world.
If you have any other questions, please email us at email@example.com anytime.